Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


In honor of Dr. Suess's 106th birthday I have decided to talk about reading.. We love to read, My husband myself and all of my children! I love to try to make the children's books come alive for them, be it by talking about them, or having them act it out(themselves or their toys). Researching the subject of the book. Or making recipe's that characters in the books made (Laura Ingalls Wilder) Making their favorite books into birthday cakes and so on and so forth. Every evening at about 6:30 we turn off music, and TV's we all grab a comfy seat and curl up with our favorite books.

Brianna LOVES the Little house books, Right now we are reading "On The Banks of Plum Creek" But well I can't take a picture of her and read to her ;). She also LOVES books about animals.

Alex will read anything about Pokemon. He also loves The magic tree house series, Batman, Spider-man, and he really really loves peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes.
(BTW my flash was really bright last night.)
Nathaniel is reading the The Lightening thief series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. For the second time.. This is a good series! Both My husband and I have read it. We enjoyed it just as much as Nathaniel has.. Oh and he started book three last night .. When he left for school today he was almost done with it!


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! I hope everyone enjoys and participates in Read across America day!

No comments: