Friday, February 26, 2010

The Birds and the Bees

Today I had an interesting conversation with my 4 year old. She was playing with her brothers and all of a sudden she laid dawn and said.. "ohhhhh my tummy hurts, someone cut open my tummy and get my babies out".
Nathaniel in his wise 9 year old way told her "that's not how babies come out!"
Brianna having watched to many baby shows with me answered "Yes they doooo!"
So I had to interrupt I said "Some mommies need help getting their babies out but I didn't"
So Brianna asked "well then how did you get your babies out?"
I answered, "Well I pushed them out"
Brianna looked at me for a second, then her eyes got big and very innocently she asked "Did they come out of your mouth??"

It was so hard not to laugh, but I did explain to her just where babies come from... and then she ran and told her sister.... Kindergarten should be fun next year.... :)

No comments: