Monday, November 17, 2008

Pancakes

Ok I mentioned yesterday that I had Nathaniel make pancakes with me. I just wanted to share my pancake recipe because it is easy yummy and easy to change LOL. I use the same pancake recipe to make all sorts of pancakes, It is really hard to screw up.
So the base recipe is

2 cups of flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
0.5 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 or 4 TBS. sugar (I don't really measure it lol)
1 egg
1.5 cups of milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS. oil

That will make a really good basic pancake..A lot of times if I have it I will use one cup of all purpose flour and one cup of wheat flour.
Now I have used that basic recipe to make banana pancakes, gingerbread pancakes, and yesterday Nathaniel made lemon pancakes.

Banana pancakes I added 2 mashed over ripe banana's, I used about 1 and 1/4 cups of milk, left out the vanilla but added 2 tsp cinnamon.
You do have to cook those a little longer to make sure they cook through.

Gingerbread pancakes. These where very good (and I wasn't sure they would turn out). For these I added 2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, and about 1/2 tsp cloves I used just under 1.5 cups of milk and added a few tbs of molasses, And I used about 3 tbs of brown sugar in place of the white sugar.


For Nathaniel's lemon pancakes, we made the basic recipe Used 2 tsp. of lemon extract, 1 tsp of vanilla and used 1 1/4 cups of milk and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Then we added 2 extra tbs of sugar... These were very very good They had a very slight taste of lemon, almost like a sugar cookie with a hint of lemon zest (if I had a lemon we would have added lemon zest to it).

You can also just add things to the basic batter, chocolate chips, blueberries (or dried blueberries) or any other dried fruit.. It also works well as a waffle batter!

No comments: