Monday, August 30, 2010

Steel cut oats.

We love steel cut oats, But almost every time I make them I end up searching and searching for a recipe to use the left overs... and I have never found one.. So today for snack I decided to use our leftovers from breakfast and make some

Baked oatmeal... I almost want to say bread (like a pumpkin bread). It is definitely a sweet snack treat.

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup steel cut oats (cooked)
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla. Stir in steel cut oats. Mix flour cinnamon baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour into a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments: