Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin! Pumpkin! Who wants some pumpkin?

You remember our pumpkin...
Yes that HUGE thing sitting on the table...
The one we got for $4 at Walmart...
The pumpkin that was almost as big as my 2 year old....
Well yesterday I decided to chop it up and cook and puree it....
Little did I know it was going to take 3.5 hours...
Yes that long...
I knew I was really in trouble when I filled the first stock pot and I was only a quarter of the way through the pumpkin.....
And here where the results...

after three hours of cooking...


Then I bagged it up, I got 21 bags of pumpkin puree...
Each bag has 2 cups of pumpkin....
Yes from one pumpkin I got 42 cups of pumpkin puree....
So like I said before ....
Who wants some pumpkin?????

Also anyone have any pumpkin recipes for me? I made pumpkin butter this morning, I will be making pumpkin muffins in just a bit...
Any thing else???
Help me!!!
Please?And in other news... I got next to no pictures of the kids on Halloween....
My Dear sweet husband offered to take the camera while I was chasing kids...
He then put it in his pocket... grrrrrrr...
So this is what I ended up with....
(but look you can see Alex now LOL)

I hope everyone had a great Halloween ... And sends me pumpkin recipes!!

2 comments:

Sadie said...

http://www.divinecaroline.com/45003/36038-pumpkin-apple-breakfast-bread

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/11/18/chocolate-chip-pumpkin-nut-bread-recipe/

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Cream-Cheese-Muffins/Detail.aspx

mama of 4 said...

Oh YUM! Thank you!!! I want to make them all now! :)