Monday, September 13, 2010

Play dough!

Play dough... Oh how wonderful it is, I am ashamed to admit I had forgotten the wonders of such a simple thing. Yesterday for the first time in too long I made play-dough for the kids to play with and (not kidding) they spent over 3 hours playing with it. So today when the two three year olds'  requested more pink play- dough I happily obliged!
All the play-dough from yesterday is now rainbow colored LOL
Squish!
working on fine motor skills decorating pizza!
Making a play-dough bunny face :)
Of course mama had to add something educational to it !....
So how long till I get tired of cleaning it up????

Play-dough-
2 cups water
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 TBS oil

Mix everything in a sauce pan heat over med heat until you have a ball of dough. remove from pan and knead. 
Yesterday I split up the big ball of dough and kneaded in food coloring. Today I added food coloring while it was cooking and the pink came out much brighter and nicer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe. My daughter is constantly leaving it out and it dries up.