Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crafts, hair, and snow again

I have always LOVED crafts... I love making things, and I usually love the way they look when I'm done, HA, If they ever get done. I have a horrible time finishing things.
When I was little I had a bead loom

I used it ALLLLL the time. It was AWESOME... They have them at Joann's and I almost got one for Brianna for her birthday... then I thought about it and realized.. um she is only going to be 5. I should probably hold off for a few more years.

Along with the bead loom I made my mom teach me how to knit... I can knit a mean square! Go me! to bad I can't follow a pattern to save my life. I recently started one I thought I could do.... a jumper for one of the girls.... I'm not sure it will ever be finished. after I started it and I said wow that's complicated... Yeah.. so it sits... I will keep trying though. It may be 10 years before I finish though LOL.

As with knitting I also like to do cross stitch, My problem with Cross stitch though is the needles... when I think I have a moment I will pull something out to work on it and all of a sudden I have a toddler or 2 crawling on me and then sharp pointy objects must be put away.

So at the moment I have half a butterfly done(cross stitch), the bottom ring of a jumper on needles(knit),and I have decided I want to learn how to crochet. Sounds reasonable right.!

Actually It started because for my birthday I received a gift card to Joann's. Well I used that gift card and bought the CUTEST book ever.

It is called Amigurumi and the description said "Kyuuto! = Cute! Amigurumi features small knit and crocheted creatures so cute you could cry. The pages burst with quirky color photographs, step-by-step directions and helpful technical illustrations. The appeal of authentic Japanese content with the ease of English instruction. 88 pages." It said knit and Crochet! I said to my self "I can do that!" Imagine my disappointment When the entire book of super cute animal patterns was ALL crochet....
But I refuse to return it instead I am determined to learn to crochet and have half finished animal body parts all over my house! Yeah!
So yesterday I was at Joann's (I love that store ), and I saw a "I taught myself crochet" book set with 6 crochet hooks and plastic sewing needles and stitch markers for $14. I grabbed it yay! Since yesterday I have figured out the chain stitch..... This could take a while..


Meanwhile Brianna has also been bit by the craft bug! She got a wooden bead set for Christmas

and will sit for hours making necklaces. She has crawled up next to me while I am trying to knit or sew or anything and say "mom I wish I could learn to do that, then we could do that together" Awwwwwwwwww... she is getting this set for her birthday
I think she will like it! Yay now I need more ideas LOL.. I may need to grab a few more but first I want to see if she can do this one.


OK enough about crafts.. Now on to hair.. I have and always have had long hair right now it is down to my butt... It is LONGGGG.. It is also time for a cut. Usually I just get it cut every 2 years straight across at my shoulders. BORING. I have decided that I'm taking a bit of our tax return, and taking the girls to get their hair trimmed and I'm getting my hair cut... I won't go any shorter than my shoulders... I'm just now sure if I should do anything more than my normal boring cut. Any ideas??? Here is the best picture I can find to show my hair length
That was this summer.... sigh I guess it doesn't really matter what I do, as I always have my hair pulled back in a scrunchy any ways... Well we shall see.

Oh and BTW it is snowing here again... Highs for the day should be around 20... last week I swear we had a few days that it was almost 50. I'm cold!

No comments: