Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mouse paint!!!


At the Library yesterday the girls and I checked out the CUTEST book ever!  Mouse Paint By: Ellen Stoll Walsh.  We read it yesterday and immediately I started thinking of things we could do with the book! I went with my first idea and broke out some paints and had the girls paint along while I read.

Oh but first I drew the three white mice on their page!
I am loving this book, I love how fun it is and just the hands on way it introduces primary and then secondary colors

The girls really had a good time painting the story :)
"Look mommy I made orange!"

"It's gween!!"
And purple!
I love just how differently they painted the same story!

So what is your favorite children's book lately????

PS. If you have preschoolers run to the library NOW and grab this book! Even my 7 year old sat and listened to me read it yesterday! :)

5 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

I forgot about this book...My son loved it and my daughter is getting to that age now...thanks for the reminder!

Thank you for stopping by on my SITS Day. Following you back!

Holly
504 Main

Claire said...

How cute!! I'll have to check it out ( literally, from the library, lol!)

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love those pictures, thanks for sharing

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Ooo.. love the paintings. Very vibrant colors!

Thanks for dropping in my blog earlier & for your compliments. Have a lovely Wednesday!

BK said...

It seemed like a lot of fun for you and the girls. It has been a long long time since I picked up a children's book. The last one I read was The Little Prince which was many many years ago.