Friday, April 23, 2010

Garden Time!

It is Friday and time to update about our little garden! First is cucumbers coming along nicely!!
And we have our first carrot sprouts!
Our blueberry bushes looking healthy!
watermelon sprouting in pots!
Look a Tomato plant my parents brought the kids and I last week! (um and I ran out of planters so I re-purposed a plastic coffee container.)
Cabbage! Also from my parents!

Broccoli, Brianna is so excited about the broccoli It is her FAVORITE veggie LOL.
And Cauliflower! Or as Brianna calls it .... White Broccoli :)
Check out The kids bean plants!!!
Dare I say it... do we have the beginings of a flower??? maybe???
I cant wait until we can harvest some goodies from our plants!!!

10 comments:

Helene said...

Gorgeous pictures! You are gonna have so many wonderful fruits and veggies!!!

I never even thought to use an old coffee container to grow plants! Good thinking!

One of my kids LOVES broccoli but we have no more room in our garden! I think maybe I'll get some containers and grow it in there for him!

can't wait to follow your garden's progress!

McVal said...

Lucky you guys! I need to do some work on our garden, but never find the time or energy. Maybe next week if it will stop raining...

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great job! I can't wait to do the same thing next year!!!

Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

Julie M. said...

Found you on my blog hopping around SITS. That's a great veggie garden you have going there! That's something I'd like to do, but just never seem to make time for. Maybe it's high time I did!

Lizzie said...

Awesome! I am just so uninspired to garden this year. Maybe I'll get it in gear.
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Momotics said...

Good job! We are working on our garden right now, and I am hoping next week or this weekend DH will get our box garden made!

Stoppin' by from SITS!

Writing Without Periods! said...

What a lovely garden you will have. I wish I could have a garden but we live in the desert, and I have a brown thumb...not a good combo.
Mary

Letherton said...

homegrown is the best

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Alissa Grosso said...

Wow, you're garden looks great. You'll be harvesting fresh veggies in no time.

By the way, I've used all kinds of non-planters to grow things including those big kitty litter buckets.

Katie said...

That's going to be one awesome harvest!! And how clever to reuse your coffee "can"!

...stopping by from SITS!