Sunday, April 18, 2010

Camera broke :(

Yesterday my Camera broke ... It stinks... I'm sure none of you could tell but my camera is like my BFF, baby, Ok maybe my arm. It feels like someone cut off my arm... Ackkkkk. It was a Nikon coolpix L18

All images courtesy of google images 


And it was RED! Yup it was my baby. I have had it for 2 years and in all that time it has treated me wonderfully, given me some great memories and super clear shots. Well apparently when I turned it off the last time The lens jumped off track. According to google this is a common problem. So I hopped on the phone and Called Target extended service warranty center. Oh did I forget to mention that this camera was a Christmas gift from my parents and that they were kind enough to also buy the 3 year extended service warranty at target! Well I get a real life human within minutes, (a record nowadays). But she doesn't have good news for me  Nope it couldn't be that easy EVER. Because the most common way for the lens to go off track is someone bumped into it Target is unable to fix it! AHHHH But she kindly connected me to Nikon so they could help me. So I get connected to Nikon and again get another very kind lady on the phone who tells me my only option is to send my camera into Nikon for service. AHHHHH... This is insane. I am NOT happy atm with either Target or Nikon.. :(
So I google the problem and my camera and find out the only thing Nikon is going to do is replace the lens and for that they will charge me $95-$119 plus shipping BOTH ways! That is the same price to just go buy a new camera! So I let Hubby know that my camera is dead and since he works at sears (DISCOUNT!!!) He found me a new camera!! It is a Samsung in a cool purplish pink color

Normally $119 on sale for $71 minus discount plus 2 year warranty  It totals in at $81  Woohoo! Right? He Brings it home we plug it in and let it charge all night...
Guess what.... It won't turn on!!!!Noooooooooooooooooo... Now I'm going to cry.. So hubby took the camera back with him today, That was the last samsung they had for that price so he will look around and see what he can find. I'm not getting my hopes up and I guess I will for the time being go back to using the dinosaur
My old Sony Cybershot from 2002, 3.2 Mp, Man I'm going to miss the extra 5MP I've gotten used to lately..

P.S. So if there are any Camera companies that want me to reveiw a brand new camera I'm ready and waiting hahahahhahaha...
 (It's worth a shot right????)

P.P.S. And if you want I will learn to use a digital SLR!! You could send me one of those!!!

8 comments:

Stesha said...

This might help you a bit. Our local Walmart seems to be having a camera sale. Nikons included. Maybe there is a nationwide sale going on. I just bought myself the Nikon CoolPix S3000. It wasn't on sale, but I love it!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Carol said...

And that is why I don't buy the warranty! Hope you enjoy your new camera.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Awwww ... sorry to hear about your poor camera :(

Hope you'll be able to find a new one soon! :D

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your camera.
But thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mhel said...

I agree, having your lens and other parts replaced, costs the same as purchasing a new one. You might as well buy a new. Dropping by from SITS! U

Linda said...

Stopping by from SITS. So sorry to hear about your camers. That is very frustraiting. I have used Nikon cameras for years. All have given me great pics. I had only one of them give me trouble. My suggestion is go to a camera store and pick the brain of the salesman. See what he reccomends, then go to Walmart and chose the one you want. Good Luck...

Writing Without Periods! said...

Ah, sorry about the broken camera.
What a great post.
Mary

w said...

dude. broken cameras are lame.

also. if you get a review, make sure they include a giveaway. and make sure i win it.