Friday, October 10, 2008

Today is..

Quiet, The boys got out of school at 1 we were home by 1:05, the girls were both snoozing by 1:25 and now the boys and I are watching discovery kids enjoying the beginning of the weekend. Oh and the girls are both still napping Yayyyy..

Oh and the cheesy meatball soup... Turned out awesome, I made a cheese sauce to add to it. Made a roux of butter and flour, added 1.5 cups of milk and salt and pepper, then added about 1 cup of shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese. Then poured it into the soup for the last half hour in the crock pot... (I cooked for 4 hours on high and easily could have done 8 hours or so on low). Oh and my husband loved it also, ate 2 bowls of it when he came home from work. Whats not to love about meatballs and cheese! I'm not sure what i want for dinner tonight though...will probably have general tso's chicken and rice and veggies of some sort LOL. I think we still have half a bottle of this sauce in the fridge..
http://www.mirrotek.com/12-pack-of-general-tsos-sauce-14-oz-bottles-p-114.html?zenid=2poea0jlr4oo9lnrrjhgncfru4
it is pretty good, I usually like mine hotter but this one is mild enough for the kids so it is a keeper...
Tomorrow, I'm still not sure I may make refried beans, or ham.... one of those 2 probably.
well until later!

No comments: