Monday, October 13, 2008

Frustrated

Ok i really really want to like the recipe for ham that I have been trying.. It is easy, we like everything in it....but it just doesn't seem to be turning out...I am beyond frustrated. This time it should have worked...It was better, everyone ate it. It smelled AWESOME...It just didn't have that WOW factor when you tasted it...it was..alright...I have some still in the crock on warm for hubby to try later... we shall see what he says. I think that A... This ham NEEDS to be cooked in the crock pot to be soft enough... B if nothing else this recipe needs cloves, or something...it seems to be a little bland...But I have no cloves right now I used cinnamon (liberally) about 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp of ground ginger... It just wasn't a Wow this taste so good meal...it was however a Wow that smells good meal though LOL.

I think next time I will try another glaze recipe... Does any one know a good one?????

here is the ham, almost done... I cut it into fourths so it fit right in the crock pot

I added the apples at about 3:30, we ate at 5 ish the apples were great.
sprinkled with cinnamon... later I added more, and nutmeg and ginger.
Out of the crock pot, the ham was falling apart... it was alright...could have been better, the apples they where very good...hmmm well if you have any ideas let me know...please!

No comments: