Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breakfast


Alright, here are our steel cut oats, Now we can not find steel cut oats around our house, so my mom stocks up on them when we come to visit! Thanks mom!!!!
This is what the look like...they kind of look like rice that has been chopped in half...steel cut...yup thats it.
here it is before I turned on the crock to one cup of oats I added 4 cups of water 2 peeled and chopped apples a generous helping of cinnamon, a sprinkling of cloves and ginger...it smelled wonderful.
Then I put the lid on the crock, set it to low for 8 hours and woke up to this......

yummm oh and my house smelled good and the kids had a hot breakfast before school yumm
add some brown sugar and some milk and it taste like apple pie... (not kidding it really does!)
yummmm.

No comments: