Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whats for dinner tonight???

Yesterday I was browsing around the net trying to find something I could make for dinner tonight...I wasn't having much luck until I came across this recipe...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandmas-Noodles-II/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

Homemade noodles....I looked at it...Then moved on...Then I came back to it and looked again....I noticed the picture kind of reminded me of the dumplings, in chicken and dumplings from Cracker Barrel...I have an odd fascination / love for Cracker Barrel's chicken and dumplings yummmmm. So I decided chicken and dumplings is what we are eating...Then searching for a chicken and dumpling recipe left me annoyed... Nothing seemed right (or included what we had had...tomorrow is grocery store day LOL). So I am making it up as I go today. At lunch time I threw the 2 split chicken breasts I had in a pot, covered with water added a diced carrot, some Montreal steak seasoning, parsley, oregano, and celery seed from my spice rack...(yeah out of celery too).. Boiled together for about 45 min., pulled out the chicken, pulled it of the bone and cut it up into bite sized pieces. The broth is now in the fridge, when i get home from getting the boys I am going to set it up to simmer, add a can of cream of chicken soup, I have 3 carrots and 4 potatoes peeled and diced waiting to be thrown in the pot. Then the noodles and chicken will be added for the last few minutes (they are made and drying in the oven)....I can't wait to see how dinner turns out!

No comments: