Friday, September 26, 2008

Ravioli

Here is step by step what I have done so far in making ravioli.... The first step was making the noodles. (to make them I used 2 eggs 4 tbs. milk 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp. salt.) Mixed all until you have a soft dough, then separate into 4 equal portions like this...

Take one portion at a time, and roll out a bit and then flatten slightly on a well floured surface. I use silicone baking mat, I love them!
Then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough as flat as you can make it...
Set aside and repeat with the rest of the dough. Now before cutting you want to let the dough rest and dry a little bit. so set it aside (I put mine in the oven so they were out of the way). Now assemble the ingredients for the filling.

Ground beef, Parmesan cheese, spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and garlic pepper...I wanted to use real garlic..but I was out, so I had to improvise.
I browned the ground beef with a good helping of both the garlic salt and pepper, I just sprinkled it on until it smelled good. Drain the ground beef and add back to the pot. Then I didn't want to add dry meat to the ravioli so I mixed 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 a cup of sauce, it made sort of a thick paste...
I let the meat cool for a bit and began cutting the noodles.
Then I added about about 2 teaspoons of the meat to the middle of one of the noodles
Yeah they are a little big that's OK!
Then add another noodle to the top and pinch closed
Then just to make sure they were shut (and to make them look pretty) I pressed the edges with a fork.
and now so you can see how big they are..
Yeah they are BIG...That's OK though...I can't wait to try them :) Here they are all assembled...
and the leftover meat that I will add to the sauce tonight
Well I will update after dinner!

No comments: