Saturday, June 12, 2010

End of the school year, start of summer!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the end of our school year, and for the kids the BEST part of the year has begun! It is summer and for them that means weekly trips to the library, Trips to the playground, Picnic lunches, and that they can play video games during the week!!! For me yesterday was bitter sweet. Next school year Brianna will be starting in kindergarten, and that makes me sad. I am sure she will do wonderfully, but part of me is wondering just where the time has gone. This summer is already promising to be busy. Along with the library trips, playground and picnic lunches I will be babysitting 3 days a week. The kids are sooooo excited to see their friends again! The boys will be going to a science and inventions day camp with my sister in law. And that is probably just the beginning.
Yesterday I packed a BUNCH of snacks and after the boys got out of school we hung out at the playground for several hours. Playing and saying goodbye to friends, exchanging phone numbers and promising to keep in touch.
Playing basketball too :)

Then when we got home I got to look through their backpacks and I got to see the poems Nathaniel wrote in class... I definitely have a favorite! He said I could share it here too.
A Glob From Man-Hob : By Nathaniel

There once was a glob from Man-Hob
All the while he hoped to be named Bob
So he went to a name changer rat
And when he did he was hit with a bat
That was the glob from Man-Hob

I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their summer vacation!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: